FEMA Compliant Hide-Away® Residential Bulletproof Modular Safe Room Tornado Safety Shelter Corner Unit
Manufactured in the US <> Made with 1/4" US Steel <> FEMA Compliant
DIY Model - for Self-Installation
The Hide-Away® storm shelter/safe room gives you an economical way to protect yourself and your family from both dangerous storms and armed intruders.
The corner Hide-Away® storm shelter/safe room fits in the corner with a left or right swing door to save on space. Unlike below-ground units, this above-ground unit does not present a drowning hazard in the event of heavy rains. It anchors to a concrete slab with heavy-duty grade anchors capable of withstanding 45,000 lbs of lifting force - the strongest possible from a tornado. It is made of quarter inch thick, high grade steel, with structural supports capable of protecting the inhabitants from falling, or flying, heavy debris such as trees, roofs, bricks, block and more.
The door features three bolt-action locks that can be opened from inside, or outside. Each bolt is one inch diameter for the utmost in security. The massive hinges are designed to withstand extremely heavy pressure without bending and locking up. The door itself weighs 300lbs for the ultimate in safety, but swings open and closed with great ease. The corner Hide-Away® ships on a skid, unassembled, to save on freight.
The Hide-Away shelter is also rated for NIJ Level IIIA ballistic protection* against all handgun and shotgun rounds, with optional NIJ Level III military grade ballistic protection.
Important: This unit is sold for self-installation only. Shipment includes very heavy steel plates, the heaviest weighing 452 lbs. Customer should ensure that they have the appropriate manpower to transport and move the plates as required.
* Hide-Away shelters/safe rooms provide two levels of protection from armed intruders. Hide-away shelters come standard with NIJ Level IIIA protection against hand guns and shotguns, which make up 90% of violent crimes, according to a Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report. If you want protection from high caliber and armor piercing rounds, you can order the Ballistic Option, which uses military grade steel that is used in combat vehicles to provide NIJ Level III protection up to 7.62 NATO rounds (.308 caliber).
3 in 1 Protection
1. Storm shelter tested to withstand an EF5 tornado
The 3 in 1 Safe Room has been tested by the Texas Tech University Wind Science & Engineering Research Center (WiSE) to withstand and F-5 tornado. We also demolished an entire school building around one of our shelters, covering it in concrete, steel, brick and block, and when we dug it out, there was barely a dent in it; and the door and hinges worked perfectly.
2. Saferoom from armed intruders
Made of 1/4 inch thick steel, the 3 in 1 can provide protection from armed intruders, withstanding shotgun blasts and hand gun rounds. An optional military grade steel unit can also withstand armor piercing rounds, for the ultimate in protection. Whether for in the home, or workplace, the 3 in 1 Safe Room can provide fast access to safe haven.
3. Vault for storing valuables
A combination lock on the door makes the unit a safe place to store valuables like guns, ammo, furs, family heirlooms, important documents and other things you want to protect from children, fires, floods, tornadoes or burglars.
- Capacity - up to 5 adults (3 adults for FEMA regulations)
- Certified to withstand F5 tornadoes
- Tested at National Wind Institute (NWI)
- Meets FEMA 321/360 and ICC 500
- Made of 1/4” steel
- 1” locking pins and 1” continuous hinge
- 3/4” diameter grade 5 bolts
- Durable powder coat finish
- Ventilation hoods
- Modular bolt-together design
- Anchors securely to concrete slabs
- Electrical ground stud
- Above-ground shelter - doesn’t flood
- ATSA listed
- Third party engineering certified
- Lead time 1-2 weeks
- Rated for NIJ Level IIIA ballistic protection
against all handgun & shotgun rounds
- Product Flyer
- Shelter Specs
- Ballistic Shelter Specs
- Texas Tech Debris Impact Report
- Ballistic Steel Certification
- ATSA Certification
- Typical Spec Drawing
Additional Purchase Options
Hide Away Stor...
5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts (labor not included)
Find Similar Products by Tag
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed