- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Mobility Lifts (stairlifts, vertical lifts, incline lifts)
1. ORDER CANCELLATION/RETURN POLICY. All sales are final. No cancellation and/or return of order will be accepted once payment has been received and order has been processed. Order is considered 'processed' once the manufacturer has initiated processing or has placed an order with their vendors for parts necessary to complete/manufacture order. We may, at our discretion, choose to grant a refund request if the order has not yet been processed and/or shipped. In such cases, the refund would be subject to a 3% transaction fee for both the purchase and the refund transaction for a total transaction fee of 6%. If shipment is refused upon attempted delivery without our expressed written consent, a 20% restocking fee and return shipping fee will be imposed on any refund. Additionally, the original shipping fee will not be refunded.
2. INSTALLATION - Legacy II Stairlift. Professional installation is available in all contiguous states except WA and OR for residential applications only. If professional installation is purchased, installation will be scheduled and performed by 3rd party company US Medical/Delstal or a subcontractor hired by US Medical/Delstal. All issues or questions related to scheduling, installation, or post-installation would be resolved between the customer and US Medical/Delstal or their subcontractor. There is no service contract included with installation. The cost for any necessary service calls would be negotiated directly between customer and US Medical/Delstal or their subcontractor. Discount Mobility Plus is not responsible for any issues that arise from installations performed by US Medical/Delstal or their subcontractors. Price for installation does not include any possible permitting fees. Customer is responsible for paying for and obtaining any necessary permits in accordance with local ordinances. Customer is responsible for providing accurate stairway measurements and selecting the correct installation option based on type of stairway (wood or concrete, tile, marble, etc.). Discount Mobility Plus is not responsible for any additional charges incurred due to inaccurate stairway measurements or incorrect stairway type, including, but not limited to, additional installation fees, additional rail length charges, etc.
2b. Installation - Harmar Pinnacle. Professional installation by a certified Harmar installer is included with the purchase of a Harmar Pinnacle stairlift. A one year service contract is included with installation. Customer should contact the installer for any technical issues that may arise while still under the one-year service contract term. Once the service contract term has expired, customer should contact Harmar tech support at 800-833-0478 for any technical support issues. Customer is responsible for providing accurate stairway measurements when placing an order. Discount Mobility PLUS is not responsible for any additional charges incurred due to inaccurate stairway measurements, including, but not limited to, additional installation fees, additional rail length charges, etc. The purchase price for the Harmar Pinnacle does not include additional charges that may occur for permitting, electrical work, or any other site modifications that may be necessary. Requests for order cancellation are subject to our Order Cancellation/Return policy stated above.
2c. Installation - Vertical Lifts & Incline Lifts. Installation not included unless stated otherwise. Customer is responsible for installation, whether they choose to do it themselves or hire a 3rd party contractor. Customer is responsible for following all local codes and laws governing the installation of a mobility lift. Official manufacturer’s written instructions are included with shipment.
3. DAMAGED GOODS. If shipment arrives in a damaged condition, customer must call Discount Mobility PLUS at 800-537-1439 within 24 HOURS of receipt for damaged goods to be covered by freight insurance. Damaged goods will be replaced by the manufacturer within a typical period of 3-5 business days from when the damage was reported. This is a typical timetable only and not a guarantee. Vertical Lift replacements may take longer. Cost of shipping the replacement item will be covered by the manufacturer. If the manufacturer deems it necessary to return the damaged item, they will arrange and cover the cost of freight.
4. MANUFACTURER'S STANDARD PARTS WARRANTY. Refer to product pages for specific warranty information. All warranties begins from date of receipt of goods. Warranty is not transferrable. All warranties cover parts only. Labor not included.
5. WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS. Manufacturers' warranties do not apply to problems arising due to improper installation, tampering, failure to properly follow installation or operating instructions, negligence, misuse, abuse, accident, fire, theft, vandalism, natural disaster, normal wear and tear, absence of suitable surge protector or any other reason beyond our control.
6. MAXIMUM WEIGHT CAPACITY. The maximum weight capacity of any product sold by Discount Mobility PLUS must not be exceeded. Any and all warranties will become void if weight capacity is exceeded at any time during ownership.
7. LOCAL ORDINANCES. Compliance with local ordinances pertaining to the installation of a mobility lift (i.e. stairlift, vertical lift, incline lift) may be required in certain states/municipalities. Purchaser is responsible for ascertaining whether such if any ordinances exist and complying with same whether the unit purchased is installed by purchaser or a third party.
8. TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE. For technical assistance, please call Discount Mobility PLUS at 800-537-1439 or contact us by email at email@example.com and we will refer you directly to the appropriate manufacturer for technical assistance. Most malfunctions can be successfully diagnosed and remedied by telephone. If it is determined that a replacement part is needed, arrangements will be made for appropriate parts to be sent to customer according to the terms of the warranty in effect at the time of malfunction, after which customer is responsible for installing replacement parts.
9. THIRD PARTY SERVICE. If customer decides to consult with or hire a third party in an attempt to diagnose or correct any perceived or known problem, the customer assumes responsibility for any costs incurred. Discount Mobility PLUS is not responsible for any costs incurred to a third party without its expressed written consent. If customer requests that a service technician be dispatched to assist with installation/service issues, customer will be responsible for any applicable charges unless other arrangements are agreed upon in writing from Discount Mobility PLUS.
10. RAIL LENGTH/LIFT HEIGHT. Discount Mobility PLUS is not responsible for insufficient or excess rail sections shipped to purchaser due to improper measurement of stairway length. In the event rail shipped to customer is too short or too long due to improper measurement provided to Discount Mobility PLUS at time of order, customer will be responsible for any costs incurred to obtain correct rail length.
Discount Mobility PLUS is not responsible for incorrect lift height measurements for vertical lift installations. In the event that a vertical lift shipped to the customer cannot accommodate the lift height requirements due to incorrect measurements supplied by the customer at time of order, customer will be responsible for any costs incurred to obtain the correct lift tower.
11. FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY Purchaser of a mobility lift (i.e. stairlift, vertical lift, incline lift, etc.) delivered to a Florida address must supply (by mail or fax) to Discount Mobility PLUS within 30 days of receipt of stairlift a prescription or letter (copy is acceptable) from a duly licensed Florida physician indicating medical need of stairlift in order for purchaser to be exempted from Florida State Sales Tax. If the above document is not received from purchaser within 30 days of receipt of shipment, purchaser will be responsible for applicable Florida Sales Tax and charged accordingly.
12. SHIPPING. Stairlifts sold for self-installation are typically shipped within 2-4 business days via UPS or FedEx. Tracking will be provided via email once order is shipped. Stairlifts sold for professional installation are typically shipped with 1-2 weeks via common carrier. Tracking will be provided via email. Vertical lifts and incline lifts are typically shipped within 4-6 weeks via common carrier. Tracking is provided via email. Lead times are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed.
Safety Shelter Terms & Conditions
SHELTER SPECIFICATIONS – The Hide-Away Tornado/Safety Shelters has been designed in accordance with FEMA 321/350 and ICC-500 standards, tested and certified by the National Wind Institute at Texas Tech University to withstand EF-5 tornadoes, certified by ATSA.
WARRANTY - The manufacturer warrants this product against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) YEARS from shipment date. Full warranty terms available on request.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE – Questions about installation or other technical matters are to be directed to the manufacturer by calling 1-877-378-4275.
INSTALLATION – By others. Not included in price. Instructions provided. Customer is responsible for proper installation as specified in the included installation manual. Factory assistance by phone/email available at no charge. Installation available in some areas. Please inquire.
CONCRETE PAD REQUIREMENTS – For indoor installations – 4” deep 4000psi steel reinforced pad. Outdoor installations – 8” deep, 4000psi steel reinforced pad with minimum 12” footers in at least all 4 corners, pad dimensions to be at least 12” greater than shelter area on all sides. Customer assumes all responsibility and liability if the shelter is not installed on the appropriate concrete pad.
SHIPPING – Orders are shipped to nearest carrier terminal for customer pick-up unless customer selects the 'Residential delivery w/ lift gate' option. This option means the driver will lower the unit to the ground at the end of the driveway. Customer is responsible for transporting the shelter to the install site. Customer is advised that the steel plates are very heavy, some up to 452 lbs. Customer is responsible for providing the appropriate manpower to transport/move the plates as necessary while exercising all necessary safety precautions.
ORDER CANCELLATION/RETURN POLICY - All sales are final. No cancellation and/or return of order will be accepted once payment has been received and order has been processed. Order is considered 'processed' once the manufacturer has initiated processing or has placed an order with their vendors for parts necessary to complete/manufacture order. If cancellation is requested after placing an order, but before it is processed, credit card fees of 3% of the original transaction and 3% of the refund transaction will be applied against a refund of the purchase price.
HME (Home Medical Equipment Products)
New and Unused Product (Excludes Power Products)
New and unused product can be returned within 30 days from purchase date with a 20% restocking fee.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Customer pays for freight to return the product.
- Product should be in the condition it was received, unused, and in the original box and/or packaging, except for hygienic products. The original packaging for hygienic products must not have been opened.
- Please do not write anything on the package being returned including RMA# or address
- Credit will be given for the product but not the original freight (if applicable).
- Standard freight policy applies to new orders.
Used items are not eligible for return and are covered under their respective warranties.
New and Unused Power Mobility Products
New and unused power products can be returned within 30 days from invoice date and a 25% restocking fee will apply. Product must be new, unused and in saleable condition. The customer is responsible for packaging as to ensure the product is not damaged during return shipping. It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange and pay for the return freight. White glove delivery service is non-refundable once item has been picked up from the manufacturer.
Used items are not eligible for return and are covered under their respective warranties.
Product Damaged in Shipping
If product is received damaged, the bill of lading for truck shipments or UPS manifest for smaller packages must be marked “Damaged”. By marking the product damaged and contacting Discount Mobility PLUS immediately upon receipt will significantly reduce the time it takes to receive full credit or a replacement order.
Within three (3) days of the original receipt, customer should inspect items and contact Discount Mobility PLUS to report any damage. Discount Mobility PLUS will contact the manufacturer, who will issue an RMA; notify the shipper to arrange for an inspection and pick-up, then process a replacement order. Please allow 3-5 business days for replacement orders to be processed.
© 2021 NEW LINE PRODUCTS LLC
dba Discount Mobility PLUS