FEMA Compliant Hide-Away® Residential Bulletproof Modular Safe Room Tornado Safety Shelter
Manufactured in the US <> Made with 1/4" US Steel <> FEMA Compliant
To speak with a representative please call us at 866-372-1530
The stationary Hide-Away® storm shelter/safe room gives you an economical way to protect yourself and your family from both dangerous storms and armed intruders.
Unlike below-ground units, this above-ground unit does not present a drowning hazard in the event of heavy rains. It anchors to a concrete slab with heavy-duty grade anchors capable of withstanding 45,000 lbs of lifting force - the strongest possible from a tornado. It is made of quarter inch thick, high grade steel, with structural supports capable of protecting the inhabitants from falling, or flying, heavy debris such as trees, roofs, bricks, block and more.
The door features three bolt-action locks that can be opened from inside, or outside. Each bolt is one inch diameter for the utmost in security. The massive hinges are designed to withstand extremely heavy pressure without bending and locking up. The door itself weighs 300lbs for the ultimate in safety, but swings open and closed with great ease. The Hide-Away ships on a skid, unassembled, to save on freight.
The Hide-Away shelter is also rated for NIJ Level IIIA ballistic protection* against all handgun and shotgun rounds, with optional NIJ Level III military grade ballistic protection. Lead time is 2-3 weeks for Level IIIA; 9-12 weeks for Level III.
* Hide-Away shelters/safe rooms provide two levels of protection from armed intruders. Hide-away shelters come standard with NIJ Level IIIA protection against hand guns and shotguns, which make up 90% of violent crimes, according to a Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report. If you want protection from high caliber and armor piercing rounds, you can order the Ballistic Option, which uses military grade steel that is used in combat vehicles to provide NIJ Level III protection up to 7.62 NATO rounds (.308 caliber).
3 in 1 Protection
1. Storm shelter tested to withstand an EF5 tornado
The 3 in 1 Safe Room has been tested by the Texas Tech University Wind Science & Engineering Research Center (WiSE) to withstand and F-5 tornado. We also demolished an entire school building around one of our shelters, covering it in concrete, steel, brick and block, and when we dug it out, there was barely a dent in it; and the door and hinges worked perfectly.
2. Saferoom from armed intruders
Made of 1/4 inch thick steel, the 3 in 1 can provide protection from armed intruders, withstanding shotgun blasts and hand gun rounds. An optional military grade steel unit can also withstand armor piercing rounds, for the ultimate in protection. Whether for in the home, or workplace, the 3 in 1 Safe Room can provide fast access to safe haven.
3. Vault for storing valuables
A combination lock on the door makes the unit a safe place to store valuables like guns, ammo, furs, family heirlooms, important documents and other things you want to protect from children, fires, floods, tornadoes or burglars.
- Certified to withstand F5 tornadoes
- Tested at National Wind Institute (NWI)
- Meets FEMA 321/360 and ICC 500
- 1” locking pins and 1” continuous hinge
- 3/4” diameter grade 5 bolts
- Durable powder coat finish
- Ventilation hoods
- Modular bolt-together design
- Anchors securely to concrete slabs
- Electrical ground stud
- Above-ground shelter - doesn’t flood
- ATSA listed
- Third party engineering certified
- Custom shapes & sizes available
- Rated for NIJ Level IIIA ballistic protection
against all handgun & shotgun rounds
- Available NIJ Level III upgraded ballistic protection
against high caliber & armor piercing rounds
- Product Flyer
- Shelter Specs
- Ballistic Shelter Specs
- Texas Tech Debris Impact Report
- Ballistic Steel Certification
- ATSA Certification
- Typical Spec Drawing - 2 Mod Shelter
- Typical Spec Drawing - 3 Mod Shelter
Additional Purchase Options
- Need a custom size/shape or require the ballistics Level III upgrade? Call us at 866-372-1530 to speak directly to a safety shelter representative, or fill out our contact form.
Hide Away Stor...
5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts (labor not included)
Find Similar Products by Tag
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
FEMA Compliant Hide-Away® Residential Bulletproof Modular Safe Room Tornado Safety Shelter Corner Unit